Where do we start?
Your portrait session should be a direct reflection of your family, their passion, style, and love. Before our session together we communicate your ideas, and goals for our session. Preparation and communication are the keys to a successful portrait session, so ask your questions, and share all your concerns with me during our conversation!
Location Location Location!
Finding the perfect location is an important part of planning for the photo shoot of your dreams. I have my favorite places, and usually make a recommendation during our communication based on your personality and style, lighting, and season. I always welcome your location ideas, but ultimately decide on the location that will suit all needs best.
Our studio is often asked, "what do you recommend we wear?" Ultimately, this decision is up to you, but we are happy to make color coordination recommendations! This photo shoot is meant to capture your family, including individuality and style. Here is a few helpful tips to keep in mind when choosing outfits:
- Think coordinating, not matching. Incorporate colors and patterns that fit well together.
- Don’t be afraid of color! Choose a few neutral colors, and then add a few bright accents to your outfits. Accessories such as scarves, necklaces, and clothing layers are great for this.
- Wear well fitting clothing. Not too tight, and nothing baggy. If you can’t walk in those pants, don’t wear them!
- No logos please. To keep the look timeless, try to avoid trendy clothing with words or logos.
- Even if your used to a hat and sunglasses, your children will want to see your eyes when they look back on these memories. Please leave these items in your vehicle.
- Always feel free to text or email us your clothing options laid out before our session!
- Get your kids excited for the session and let them know how much fun it will be, but no need to over prepare them or add too much pressure for "best behavior". Silly smiles, and cute candid looks make for great memories built.
- Kids pick up on your stress, so stay cool, even when they throw a tantrum.
- Our goal is to capture their true expressions, and keeping it light and fun is essential to that.
- Our best behaved children (and adults for that matter) are usually those that are well fed before our session. Feel free to bring treats to reward good behavior during our session! Or treat them to a special reward after for cooperating during our session time.
After our Session
This is where it all comes together! You’ll receive a gallery link that contains the edited images from our time together. Should there be more images in the gallery then you purchased, we offer the option to upgrade your package to include more portraits. We’ll work closely together so that I can offer guidance and make sure all of your questions are answered regarding your prints, and products. All our products come from our professional lab, to guarantee quality, and color correctness. Once your order is placed, you can expect it's arrival 5-7 days.
What does the session fee include?
- SESSION PREP to share ideas and plan your session
- PORTRAIT SESSION at the specified location
- VIEW AND ORDER your favorite images!